Sabudana(sago) Khichadi Navratri Special
Sabudana Khichadi is a very popular recipe for fast. It is very easy to make recipe although sabudana does not have many healthy nutritional values it has a good amount of protein. It also has some amount of vitamin C, Calcium & iron but mainly it has carbohydrate & starch so I found it little difficult to include it in my Navratri Diet Plan for weight loss but as it is a very popular recipe so I had to, and I tried to make it as healthy as I can so let’s start with the recipe
- 1 TSP Clarified Butter (Desi Ghee)
- 1 TSP Cumin Seeds(Jeera)
- Few Curry leaves(dried or fresh)
- 1 Green Chili
- 1 Capsicum/Bell pepper- Medium size
- 1 Carrot-Medium size
- Rock Salt(Sendha Namak)
- One and a half TBSP Roasted Peanuts
- Half TSP Cinnamon Powder
- 50 gram Sago(Sabudana)
- Fresh Curd 3-4 TBSP
- Take 50gram sabudana wash it properly & soak it in the water overnight.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and put 1TSP ghee in it
- When ghee is heated up put 1 TSP cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chili
- When all of these are little fried put Carrot and Capsicum in it and stir it until vegetables are little cooked.
- After a while put half TSP cinnamon powder and mix it well then add soaked sabudana, roasted peanuts, and salt to taste and let it cook for few more minutes.
- When vegetables & sabudana is cooked properly add curd in it & mix it well. When everything is mixed properly turn-off the flame & add some coriander leaves in it and our Sabudana Khichadi is ready to serve.
- Do not add potato in this recipe add your favorite vegetables as much as you can.
- Have this Sabudana Khichadi in your breakfast only during the diet because it is full of starch & carbs and in the morning our metabolism is very high so it will be easily digested and if you eat it any other time of the day it will not digest easily which can give you bloating & constipation & instead of losing weight you will start gaining weight & if you have it in your breakfast your body will take the energy from the carbohydrate presented in it & utilize it for the rest of the day for your body and there will be less chance to gain weight while having sago(sabudana).
- The quantity of sago (sabudana) I have taken here is for single person only and a single person should not take more than 50 gram (approximately 6 TBSP) sago (sabudana) because sago (sabudana) is little high in calories.
So there is nothing much new in my recipe but I found this recipe in this way on the little healthier side so I thought I should share it with you guys hope you like it.