Flaxseeds For Weight Loss
Flax seeds, I know about this food since my childhood. My grand maa and maa used to mix flax seeds powder with curry, vegetables and I used to enjoy it and my all time favorite recipe amongst them is flax seeds powder with rice, salt with few drops of mustard oil although I don’t have this dish often now due my fitness concern. At that point of time, it was just a tasty ingredient for me, I was not aware of the health benefits of flaxseeds but when I started reading about healthy foods and diets I came to know about the amazing health benefits and surprising weight loss benefits of it.
Flax seeds: Linum Usitatissimum is a scientific name of flaxseeds. It is especially used as a source of oil which is used for treating intestinal inflammations as a dietary supplement. The most popular linen fabric is produced by plants of flax seeds and it is cultivated in cooler regions of the word.
- Dietary Fiber: It contains high dietary fiber which gives you the feeling of fullness. Fibers are classified into 2 types, soluble and insoluble and flaxseeds have both the fibers soluble and insoluble. Now the soluble fibers in it as its name suggests dissolves in water easily and creates a gel-like substance so when it goes through our intestine it dissolves in the water in inside our body and form a gel-like substance and then slows down the digestion this entire process results in the feeling of fullness and prevents you from overeating which makes you lose weight easily.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid: It is the best source of omega 3 fatty acid which is also known as Alpha-Linlenic Acid (ALA). The healthy fat in flaxseed has the ability to control your diet. The presence oil in it cannot be obtained by us it can only be obtained by food sources and this makes us consumed less energy resultant amazing weight loss.
- Antioxidant Properties: It has antioxidant properties in it which is also known as Lignans which improves your body functions and helps to fight free radicals which help in weight loss.
- Proteins: Flax seeds are the rich source of protein. Protein also takes longer to digest same as fiber and reduces your appetite this prevents overeating thus helps you in weight loss.
How To Use it:
You can include it in your daily diet such as the smoothie, salad, with oats and with cereals. It will enhance the taste of every dish. I mostly prefer it in the smoothie and one of my favorite smoothie is
- 1 small size Banana
- 6-7 TBSP homemade fresh curd
- Roasted grind flaxseeds powder
- honey/jaggery/stevia for sweetener (if required)
- 1 TSP Basil seeds
Blend everything except basil seed and when everything is blended pour it in a glass & then add basil seeds in it and stir it well and your awesome delicious smoothie is ready.
Reference Link For Fiber: